The words threshold training and high heart rate make you smile!
If this is you, you must read on! This is the course for you who do, or have done, one or more cardio sports or you who just love cardio and physical challenges.
The main activities on the course are fitness sessions in cycling, cross-country skiing, running or triathlon. Thresholds, sprint sessions, max sessions and calm sessions in a wonderful mix. There will also be regular sessions with strength and flexibility training in various forms. You will especially have time to practice your sport or sports, but will also get to try out activities you may not have tried.
In addition, we will also add some other activities during the year to spice things up.
A normal week will be a combination of low and high intensity fitness training, trips / experiences, tests and strength training. It will be arranged so that you are best able to develop in the sports you love the most. You will receive help with individual adaptation and adaptation in relation to your specific goals.
Challenges during the course:
- Birken on crosscountry skis
- Short triathlon
- Participate in skyrunning events like Romsdalseggenløpet, Torvikbukt 6 topper og/eller Molde 7 topper
- Various tests and challenges in various fitness sports locally, where you get to test your form and development.
Highligth of the year:
- Joint training camp in Spain with a final trip to Paris to participate in the Paris-Robaix Challenge (Exercise edition of the professional race.) You can choose between about 70 km-130 km and 170 km rides. Possibility to rent a bike both at training camp and bike rides.
- Watch the Paris Robaix bike race for the pros the day after we will participate in the exercise version of the race.
- Obstacle course and mudrace
- Mountain hikes in beautiful and spectacular Northwestern nature all year round.
- Via Ferrata
- Tour de Møre by bike (terrain or road)
- Training theory
The teacher: Knut Anders Fostervold
is a trained Top Coach from the Olympiatoppen (norwegian olympic center) and has trained both elite athletes and exercisers in cardio. He has also been a physical trainer in Molde FK's A-Team and Molde HK's elite league team.
He has 9 medals from the NC in road cycling and has had 3 Norwegian records in speed cycling. Also did a bit of triathlon and was among other things No. 6 in Norseman 2011. Also likes both cross-country skiing and running and has participated in various exercise races and races. 450 games for Molde FK's elite league team in football before started with road cycling.
Friluftsliv at Nordvestlandet folkehøgskole
There are a lot of folk high schools that offer friluftsliv classes all around Norway, so why should you choose one at Høgtun?
In addition to our fantastic teachers and staff, we might have the best location for friluftsliv in the country. Høgtun is on the northwest side of Norway with amazing nature for sports and friluftsliv. A lot of the mountains around our school are at 1500 -1900 meters above sea level and are perfect for hikes with or without skis. On skiing trips you can easily get to ski down 1600 meters.
Høgtun is located by the sea and there are great water sports and windsurfing opportunities right by the school. Boats and kayaks are free to rent for our students at all times. Hoddevika and Stad are also very close by, these places are great for surfing as well. Additionally, it is not far to drive to ski resorts such as Oppdal with Norway's biggest ski area, Bjorli with Norway's longest skiing season, Tusten ski resort in Molde and Stranda ski resort with amazing off-piste skiing.
If you find it hard to choose an outdoor sports class, you can read our article about which outdoor sports class fits you best here